Thursday, January 27, 2011

Floods

Looking at the swollen river from our paddocks. The line of trees in the front is the creek bank.This is when the waters are receding.
Looking across the paddocks
On our way out in the water police vehicle.


Water on the rise between our chookshed and Steves shed

Dear bloggers.I am sorry I haven't posted for a while but I have been in the midst of the floods here in Victoria. The little town where I live had been inundated with flood waters. Barely any homes have escaped without major damage. There are about 200 homes and 800 people in Carisbrook. I live on a few acres outside of town and escaped the worst of it. Just some damage to fencing,pump etc. I am the lucky one. My home and studio are fine. here are some photos of the floods. I am back at work now and will try to post regularly again.

No comments: